Had a discussion about SL2 and got me to thinking. I was wondering what the people in the dance community have planned for SL2? Its LL's next Second Life platform. A lot of questions and issues have been raised. Its worthy of some back-and forth idea-sharing. What I've gathered and I will stand correct if you know otherwise.
Everything will be mesh.
LSL scripting language will not be supported.
You WON'T be able to take your inventory to SL2.
You WILL be able to keep your legacy name.
SL2 will NOT be tied down having to be backward compatible to SL1.
They've said they will keep SL1 around as long as its profitable.
I am betting there will be support for mobile devices.
Based upon the next open talk http://vwbpe.org/conference/vwbpe-2015-keynotes-and-featured-speakers to the public scheduled over a few days, most all of the speakers seem to have an invested interest to make SL2 a platform for advancing 'educational needs'.
I personally think that SL1 main draw is as a social-bonding platform. Outfitting, clubbing, sexing, RPing, building, socializing are the main draws I see.
- What do you feel your response and participation effort will be?
- How do you see it unfolding? The initial release and viewer response?
- Will it kill SL1 ?
- Will you move to SL2 for good?
- If you do move, will you abandon SL1?
- Are you a die-hard SL1er? SL1 or bust?
- The smart money seems to be betting on SL2 being a platform for professional content creators. No simple creation tools like in SL1.
- Will there be a land-grab with people hoping to become the next Ansche Chung?
- Will we be able to tranfser our $ Lindens?
- Will the primary revenue source be land or some type of bandwidth usage?
- Will it be less laggier?
- Will animations port or will they have to be remade?
- Are you willing to buy another mesh body and all the accessories that go with it?
- Will land be more or less expensive in SL2?
- Will you try and become involved in SL2 dance shows?
- Are you prepared to start all over and buy new animations?
- Do you foresee severe price-reduction incentives in order to jump-start SL2?
- Will SL2 require a hardware upgrade for many current SL1ers?
- Do you foresee changes, advancement in SL sexing, if even allowed in SL2?
- What would SL2 HAVE TO DO in order to be successful, in your eyes?
- Have you or are you planning to move to a different Virtual World?
- Are there any questions or concerns you have that I haven't raised?
Lat "Yummy" Lovenkraft